Sometimes coming up with ways to market your toy or gift store can be extremely hard. We created a post on how to market a toy store to help you structure your marketing plan. Here’s a list of 8 easy and simple ideas to implement into your marketing plan.
- Contests – Contests are a great way to engage your customer with you toy store brand. Contests can be online or in-store. It’s a fun and inexpensive way for you to generate new email addresses, social media followers, and store supporters.
- Shop Local – National Toy Store Day and Small Business Saturday are the only two days a year that small businesses or toy stores get any love. We know that most of your sales come in the 4th quarter ever year let’s make Shop Local a year round event. Let your customers know that your toy store is a locally owned and operated business. Being local gives you a unique opportunity that many larger brands cannot provide to their customers, friendly customer service.
- Give-a-ways – Similar to contests toy store give-a-ways can be done both online or in-store. It’s a great way to generate contact information from your customers that can be used later on. Promote the give-a-ways through all of your marketing channels.
- Toy Unboxing Events – Have the latest toy that everyone is going crazy about? Do a live in-store unboxing of the product and promote it Live on Facebook or after the fact through every channel. Let the customer know you have what they want!
- E-Mail Marketing – E-mail marketing should probably be the first thing listed on this list. The reason it’s so far down is I am assuming everyone is already sending emails. If you aren’t sending emails to your customer list on a consistent basis start now!
- Game Night – Host a community game night at your toy store. This is a great way to meet customers face to face. You want the child to be in the store with their parent. It’s a great way to get people in the door to look at your selection.
- Book Readings – Booking readings can be a great time for both the parents and the kids. Read a crowd favorite once a week or month at your toy store. Make this into an event with toys and games on display before, during, and after the reading.
- Customer Referral Program – Do you have loyal repeat customers? I’m sure you do! Turn them into brand advocates by offering them discounts for bringing in new customers. The easiest way to grow your business is by using the network you’ve already created.