According to an article published in WebFX, there are several reasons why internet marketing is important. For one thing, your potential customers are online, as more and more people spend their time on the internet. At the same time, internet marketing will help improve your brand’s online presence, allowing it to shine in search engines, social media, and other venues. So if you’re currently running an HVAC company, you would do well to take up HVAC internet marketing.
Now if this is your first time playing with online marketing, we got you covered! Below is a guide we made to help dummies like you get properly started with HVAC internet marketing. Buckle up and let’s go!
Pros and Cons HVAC Internet Marketing
Before anything else, let’s talk about the advantages and disadvantages of online marketing. Done properly, it can help your HVAC brand reach new heights. However, like any other forms of marketing, it has its flaws. You need to know both the good and the bad before deciding to introduce it to your business. That way, you can set realistic expectations and goals. So what are the benefits and limitations of HVAC internet marketing? Check them out below!
Through internet marketing, your HVAC company will enjoy a global audience. At the very least, this will allow you to establish yourself as an authority in the HVAC industry. But it can also help you potentially expand your business on a global scale, enabling it to compete with the big boys.
Improved Customer Engagement
Internet marketing will also help you engage with your buyers and customers better. This will enable you to provide better HVAC products and services, as well as increase your clients’ satisfaction with your brand.
No Time Barriers
As internet marketing is done online, it doesn’t come with any time barriers. That means current and prospective clients will be able to interact with your HVAC business anytime they want, anywhere they are.
But what makes online marketing so great is that it helps you develop your HVAC brand. Through a combination of personalized content and direct campaigning, you can increase the value of your brand, as well as improve people’s perception of it.
To top it off, online marketing is more cost effective compared to traditional forms of marketing. Yes, you’ll have to dish out a few extra cash on certain tools and staff. But at the end of the day, these expenses will ultimately pale compared to the benefits you could reap.
Skills and Training Required
Online marketing isn’t accomplished easily. You need proper skills and training, not to mention the right tools and strategies, to properly pull it off for your HVAC brand. If you have time to learn internet marketing, then by all means master it. But if you don’t, then better be ready to spend money hiring people who do.
Reliance on Technology
With HVAC online marketing, you’ll also need to rely on modern technological devices and gadgets, as well as on the latest internet technologies. And you’ll have to constantly upgrade to avoid problems like website downtime, slow page loading speed, and rough site design.
Security and Privacy
Security and privacy are big issues as well when it comes to HVAC online marketing. There are many hackers out there who would love nothing more than to get their hands on people’s sensitive information. You’ll need to invest in counter hackers and various security and anti-malware tools to fend them off.
Having a global reach might allow your HVAC business to compete with the top HVAC brands, but this competition will be tough. You’ll have to elbow your way through a sea of other HVAC businesses who are just as eager as you to make it to the top.
Proper HVAC online marketing will take time to produce any results, especially if it’s your first time employing it. Even so, the wait is well worth it, so better stick it out. And avoid any blackhat techniques as they’ll lead to negative long-term consequences that will hurt your online presence and reputation.
Tried-and-Tested HVAC Internet Marketing Techniques
So now that you know what you could get (and risk) from HVAC internet marketing, let’s talk about the most common yet effective techniques you can try out.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization or SEO has been around for a long time now. Nevertheless, it’s one of the best techniques to start with if it is your first time dabbling with internet marketing for your HVAC company.
To put it simply, SEO is the art of improving your website so that search engines can find and list it more easily. Search engine algorithms follow a certain set of rules when displaying websites on their pages. Through SEO, you’ll basically use these rules to your advantage, enabling your website to appear before others.
Through SEO, you can accomplish two things. First, you can improve your website’s searchability, making it easier for engines like Google to find and index your pages, as well as understand its content. This will eventually lead to your site appearing on the top SERP spots. Second and more importantly, SEO will help you understand better what your prospective clients search online when looking for HVAC products and services.
Simple Tips to Improve Your Website’s SEO
- Optimize and compress the images in your website. This will make your site’s loading time shorter.
- Select the best HVAC-related keywords, then add it on strategic parts of your content and pages.
- Create high-quality, well-researched content with data and explanatory images. Make it at least 2000 words long.
Ever noticed those advertisements that usually appear alongside other search results while you’re looking for something on Google? Those are PPC ads!
PPC stands for Pay Per Click, and it’s an online advertising model where advertisers get paid everytime someone clicks on one of their ads. There are many forms of PPC ads, including display advertising and remarketing. But the most common one is still paid search ad, which usually appears on search engines especially during commercial searches.
PPC advertising can significantly help you achieve your goals for your HVAC business. It’s a cost-effective way to reach out to your target audience. It can provide your website with instant traffic, which enables you to drive more leads. And the user data you can obtain through HVAC PPC ads can greatly bolster your SEO strategy. Plus, PPC is measurable and trackable. With the Google Ads tool and Google Analytics, you’ll be able to see your ads’ strong and weak spots.
Simple Tips to Improve Your PPC Advertisements
- Add the most relevant keywords on your ads, making sure you pick the terms your target audience is usually using when looking for HVAC products or services.
- Check the quality of your PPC ads and landing pages. Make sure it’s creative and eye-catching. But more importantly, make sure it gives your target audience a unique user experience.
- Choose the best platforms for your PPC ads. Aside from Google’s pages, you can also display your PPC ads on major social media networks, particularly Facebook and Twitter. You can either choose just one, or all of them.
Content marketing can play a big role in your HVAC brand’s success, so you should always include it in your online marketing strategies.
Like PPC advertising, content marketing is a great way to drive more traffic to your HVAC business’ website, as well as increase its conversion rates. However, it will also help you build trust with your target audience. It gives you the opportunity to showcase how truly knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced you are when it comes to HVAC. This will lead to you becoming a leader in the HVAC industry.
By optimizing your content, it will also be able to help boost your SEO content strategy’s performance. In fact, business websites that consistently post content increase their pages’ searchability by around 434%! And the more content your site has, the more pages are indexed and displayed by search engines.
Moreover, content marketing is quite an affordable way to gain targeted traffic. Take Ahrefs’ blog for example. Through over 193,000 keywords, they managed to gain a high ranking on Google and other search engines, generating around 451,000 search visits every month. If you want to get similar results through Google Ads, then you would need to spend at least $795,000 per month.
Simple Tips to Improve Your Content Marketing
- Pick three to four common problems your clients typically face regarding HVAC, then create content that helps deal with those issues. Dedicate one topic per week for each month, to keep the articles evenly spread out.
- Post photos and videos to your Google My Business listing. This will help boost your HVAC business’ rankings, as well as show your target audience that you’re keeping your listing constantly up to date.
- Share personal stories and vulnerabilities. These include stories about mistakes you made, as well as about HVAC-related lessons you learned the hard way. Believe it or not, it will make people love your HVAC brand more.
Social Media Marketing
Facebook has around 2.5 billion active users. Meanwhile, Instagram has about 1 billion users and counting. And LinkedIn is not far behind with its 675 million active users. These stats just show how big of a market social media networks are. Through social media marketing, your HVAC company will be able to enjoy numerous perks.
With a social media marketing strategy, you’ll be able to raise awareness for your HVAC brand, finding new customers, developing fruitful relationships, and building a community along the way. What’s more, social media networks are also a great place to put your PPC ads as mentioned earlier. Since most people spend the majority of their online time on these platforms, the chances of your ads getting clicked on and viewed are higher.
Finally, having a social media marketing strategy helps keep your content marketing strategy by organizing when your content will be published. By making sure the publishing dates of your articles are in-sync with the ones on your social media calendar, you’ll make both your content and social media marketing strategies time efficient.
Simple Tips to Improve Your Social Media Marketing
- Bring your written content to life by converting them into infographics or videos. This will make the content easier to digest, as well as reach out to people who prefer infographics or videos over articles.
- Encourage customer feedback by giving out polls or survey forms. This will help you gain insights on what your target audience wants in their HVAC products and services. And it makes them feel more involved with your brand, which can increase loyalty in the process.
- Collaborate with influencers. Many of these online celebrities are trusted by numerous people. With them promoting your HVAC business, their credibility will rub off on your brand.
A lot of digital marketers believe that email marketing is no longer important. But nothing could be further from the truth! Through it, you can engage with your target audience in real time, especially since around 54% of all emails are usually opened via mobile devices.
Email marketing also enables you to send targeted messages. Potential customers are usually at varying stages of the buying cycle. By grouping these customers according to their stage, you can create emails that can specifically reach out to each of them.
Additionally, not everybody spends their time on social media platforms, though. Some of them limit their internet use by sticking with just emails. By including an email marketing strategy on your overall internet marketing efforts, you’ll be able to reach these people out.
Simple Tips to Improve Your Email Marketing
- Create buyer personas so you can create better targeted emails for your prospective customers.
- Have the emails come from an actual person. Bots are great, but they’re still nothing compared to real humans when it comes to engaging potential clients.
- Make your subject lines direct to the point while still catchy. Doing this will help the reader know what the email is about, while simultaneously piquing their interest.
Introduce Internet Marketing to Your HVAC Business
HVAC internet marketing can do wonders for your business, enabling it to have a better online presence, as well as giving it the ability to engage with prospective clients. So if you’ve decided to try it out but don’t know where to begin, then start with this guide.