SEO Strategy For Getting More Website Traffic
If you want more people hanging out on your website, then you need a decent enterprise SEO strategy. Otherwise, it will be difficult for your site to get good rankings, let alone generate enough traffic.
Below, we’ll discuss five steps to use SEO to your advantage. From keyword research to progress tracking, this strategy will help put your brand to the top. Buckle up and let’s go!
Step 1: Perform Keyword Research
Start by performing keyword research to find the best keywords to target. This will ensure your efforts are being focused on the right areas.Keyword research involves several tools and methods. You need to familiarize yourself with all of them before you begin.Take Ahrefs for example. With their Keywords Explorer, you’ll have access to thousands of keyword suggestions, alongside plenty of metrics you might find handy.To properly use Ahrefs‘ Keywords Explorer, you need to follow these steps:
- Enter All Related Keywords and Phrases. Start by typing a few words or phrases relevant to your brand on the search bar. If you’ve previously prepared these keywords on a text file, then you can upload it there instead. Additionally, you can choose which search engine to check at the top of the bar.
- Select “Matching Terms”. As soon as you click on the search button and the results appear, choose the “Matching Terms” option on the left side. This will show you all the keyword ideas related to the ones you typed in earlier.
- Filter Keyword Difficulty, Search Volume, Minimum of 100. Use the filters provided to narrow down the results. We recommend low Keyword Difficulty but with enough Search Volume.
- Assess Link Usage Difficulty. Then you need to determine how hard it will be to rank your website using the keywords. This assessment involves looking at the referring domains and domain ratings of the top 10 ranking pages.
- Assess Topical Relevance. Check the niches of the top pages using the keywords. This will also help you gauge how difficult it will be to rank your website using the same keywords.
Step 2: Optimize Your Content
Once you’ve finalized your list of target keywords, you can proceed with using them to optimize your content. This means inserting them in the right places, particularly on the title tags, meta descriptions, one of the headers, and the first paragraph of the article.Aside from seamlessly inserting the keywords in the content, you also need to ensure the following:
- Spruce Up Your Title Tag. That means picking the best format, limiting the characters to a maximum of 50 to 60, and inserting the keyword as close to the front as possible.
- Make Entertaining Meta Descriptions. This involves limiting your characters to around 135 to 160, using active voice, and including a great call-to-action.
- Write SEO-Friendly Headings. Create your sub-headings in such a way that they can highlight the main points of the main title. If you can, add your main keyword in one of them to make it more SEO-friendly.
- Optimize Your Image. Type in your main keyword in the alt text section of your images. This will enable search engines to crawl through it even if it fails to load.
- Target Keyword Must be in the URL. Make sure the target keyword is found in the URL or slug.
Step 3: Ramp Up Your Link Building
At the same time, you need to step up your link building efforts. Armed with a better set of keywords, you can significantly improve the quality of your backlinks. And with the right enterprise SEO strategy and techniques, you can greatly enhance your online visibility, driving more traffic in the process.Some of the best link building strategies you can employ include:
- Guest Blogging. Despite being the oldest link building trick in the book, guest blogging is still a great way to earn yourself some quality backlinks. To ensure you get links from authoritative websites, you need to pitch in some good ideas.
- Creating Infographics. Infographics can bring your content to life in ways written articles cannot. By using the right combination of images, charts, texts, and color, you can turn it into an effective link building arsenal.
- Broken Link Building. But if you want a quicker way to build backlinks, try looking for broken ones. Then ask the webmaster to have it fixed, inserting a link to your content or landing page instead of the one previously used.
- Finding Unlinked Mentions. Sometimes writers will mention you or your brand in their articles without linking to you. Instead of discouraging them, use it as an opportunity to build backlinks. Contact the webmaster, point out the unlinked mention, and ask for your link to be inserted.
- Introducing Linkable Assets. Lastly, reach out to your target audience and introduce them to your linkable assets. Linkable assets are basically any type of content that deserves to be linked. Aside from helping you build backlinks, it will also aid you in promoting your brand.
Step 4: Step Up Your Social Media Activity
With up to 3.4 billion people using social media, it’s a great place to find and engage with your target audience. And although they don’t directly contribute to your website’s enterprise SEO strategy, the brand exposure they can deliver will still influence your rankings to a certain degree.The best way to ramp up your social media activity involves the following steps:
- Optimize Your Accounts. Make your social media handles look as good as it can get. Include the right keywords in the About Me sections, set the right profile and cover photos, and don’t forget to put in your website and contact details.
- Promote Your Content. Once your social media accounts are ready, start posting your content through your chosen platforms. If you can, create a social media calendar so you can stay organized.
- Make Your Content Shareable. At the same time, make sure your content is accessible and shareable by the public. This will enable your target audience to share it to their friends, which will help increase brand awareness even further.
- Pick the Right Timing. To ensure your target audience sees your posts, make sure you publish it whenever they’re active. Tools like Followerwonk will help you greatly in this regard.
- Be Responsive. Then do your best to engage your customers once they begin interacting with your posts. That means responding to their inquiries, showcasing some of your new releases, etc.
Step 5:Track Your Progress
Finally, you need to keep tabs on your website’s traffic as regularly as you can. That way, you can tell if the enterprise SEO strategy and techniques you’ve been relying on are actually working or not. This enables you to adjust it whenever needed, allowing you to achieve better results.When it comes to monitoring website traffic, few can compare with Google Analytics. With the features and amenities it offers, you can track not only the amount of traffic you’re receiving, but also where it’s coming from. Below are the steps to get started with Google Analytics.
- Get an Analytics Property ID. If you already have an Analytics account, then simply look for your Analytics Property ID. if not, then create one first.
- Add the Analytics Property ID to Your Site. Open a new Google Site on your computer, then click Settings on the top right corner. From there, go to Analytics and enter your Analytics Property ID.
- View your Website Traffic. Open your Analytics account anytime to find out how your website is doing.
Enjoy More Traffic Through These Steps
A good enterprise SEO strategy will take time to build, so better be ready to wait if you want to see the results. But by following the five steps above, you’ll be able to optimize not only your site’s rankings, but also its ability to generate traffic. So best see it through.Do you need help improving your website’s traffic? Let Reach Digital help you out!Striving to help our clients grow, we provide numerous SEO services that will help you increase traffic to your website. From solving technical issues to providing customized marketing strategies, we got you covered!Contact us if you want to learn more!